The Guacamayo Ecolodge’s sustainable tourism benefits directly the local communities that at the same time protect the flora and fauna of the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve. The lodge offers packages for 3, 4, or 5 days. Bird watching tours are also available upon request. Jungle tours and expeditions to explore the Ecuador Amazon rainforest.
CUYABENO WILDLIFE RESERVE
The Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve is an important nature reserve in Amazonia with rather uncommon ecological characteristics. Located at the foothills of the Andes, it is different from any other protected area in the world. The area compass a drained plain with a network of periodically inundated forests, lakes, and creeks. Such conditions are rare so close to the Andes, where the drainage in the foothills prevents the development of swamps and lakes. Given its proximity to the mountains, combined with a slightly cooler and wetter climate, it may be expected to have different species composition than other areas in the upper Amazon watershed.
ACCOMMODATION IN THE GUACAMAYO LODGE
The accommodation in Guacamayo lodge can be in matrimonial, double, triple, or quadruple rooms. All the rooms feature private bathrooms, mosquito net, cold and hot water, electricity generated by the solar panels, a dining room, a resting place with hammocks, a smoking area, a pier with chairs to lay down in the sun.
- Assistance at the airport in Lago Agrio.
- Transportation Lago Agrio -Guacamayo Lodge – Lago Agrio.
- All meals.
- Purified drinking water.
- Prices based on double rooms.
- A certified bilingual naturalist guide.
- Use of ponchos and rubber boots.
- Airfare/bus tickets Quito – Lago Agrio – Quito.
- Travel insurance.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Personal charges.
- Other not specified.
- Entrance to the indigenous communities is 10 USD.
What to bring:
- Long clothing, Sunglasses, Flashlight/torch, Camera, Small bag, Insect repellent, Hat Comfortable, Walking shoes, and sandals.
- Zip-lock bags to keep clothes/equipment dry, Shorts, T-shirts, Swimsuits, Binoculars(optional), Cotton underwear, Socks, Towel, First aid kit, Windbreaker or Sweater.
- Toiletries (biodegradable shampoo and soap) Sunblock, Warm and waterproof clothes, Passport copy, Plastic water bottle.
Arrive at the lodge in Cuyabeno Reserve. Activities in the surroundings in the afternoon.
4-5 hours trekking in the jungle. Nocturnal navigation looking for caimans.
Indigenous Siona community immersion. Shaman experience.
Bird watching activity - departure to Lago Agrio