Galapagos travel tips
- The sun is strong there and the weather is hot during the first half of the year. Always use sun protection: Hats, Glasses and enough sunscreen to re-apply throughout the day.
- Drink lots of water – Preferably in a reusable water bottle.
- Explore all your options. There are different types of tours to suit different desires.
- Try to spend the night on all of the inhabited islands; This will give you the chance to see more than you would on a day tour.
- Make reservations ahead of time. Hotels and tours book out fast, specially during peak seasons.
- Bring a first aid kit and be careful. There is limited access to medical care in the galápagos.
- Do not explore off trails. It is very easy to get lost.
- Sea lions are cute but keep your distance, especially from alpha males and females with pups. The official distances is two meters from all wild life.
- Obey all National Park rules. Rules exist for the safety of the animals, the ecosystem as well as yourself.
Passport & Visa in Ecuador Mainland
In order to enter Ecuador, you must have a valid passport with more than 6 months of validity. You may also need a Visa depending on your home country. Currently, any person can enter Ecuador and automatically receive a standar 12-X touristic visa valid for 90 days.
Current requirements for the “automatic” 12-X touristic Visa:
- Completed application form (received on the plane).
- Valid passport for more than 6 months.
- Return ticket.
- Proof of economic means to support yourself during your stay in Ecuador (may be requested by immigration authorities upon irrival).
Galapagos Islands Regulations
- Round trip ticket.
- Reservation in a hotel or navigable tours on a cruise, according to the dates of your passage; or a letter of invitation to remain as a guest of a permanent or temporary resident in the providence of Galápagos (Time determined by the Organic Law of Special Regime, which is no more than 60 days a year).
- Traffic Control Card issued by the Government Council of the special regime of Galápagos (Once the above requirements have been met). This card can be purchased at the counters of the Governing Council at the Quito or Guayaquil airports.
- This new requirement must be delivered to the counter of the Governing Council at the Quito or Guayaquil airports. This information is up-to-date as of June 2019. However, laws and regulations can change rapidly. It is your responsibility to secure proper documentation and fulfill all the necessary requirements.
Galapagos Islands Tours26 Tours
Get the best of your vacations Latin Adventures guides Galapagos is one of the most cherished destinations. Over the years, our staff has explored these islands in-depth by discovering the best inlets and coastlines, cruises, accommodations, restaurants, and much more for you. Our intimate and vast knowledge of the Galapagos allows us to curate the
We are the Ecuador & Galapagos Travel Specialist, which create middle to high-end trips with personalized all-inclusive itineraries. Tailor-made holidays for your adventures.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates and offers.